Get Started With Savvy Medicare Planning
The information and resources in this program will help you guide your clients through important health care decisions. You will also use your newfound knowledge to court the lucrative pre-retiree market.
Below are a few things to help you get started. Not a Member? Click here to learn more about our Savvy Medicare Planning for Boomers program.
- Schedule a desktop demo of the site. Follow this link to schedule a walkthrough of the key features of the Savvy Medicare Planning program.
Read the latest Savvy Medicare Planning newsletter. Elaine Floyd’s email newsletters include news, updates and tips to help you build your knowledge base. Archived newsletters may be found here.
Note: Members already subscribed to the newsletter—please take this opportunity to make sure it’s not going to your spam folder. You can do this by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list.
- Use the Online Healthcare Expense Tool to start the health care conversation with your clients.
- Explore the Savvy Medicare Question and Answer forum. It’s the most comprehensive collection of Medicare Q&As you’ll ever find. Read through previous questions, or enter your own question and start learning.
- Review our Savvy Medicare Presentations. There are two FINRA-reviewed presentations you may use to educate your clients and impress centers of influence. Presentation-related marketing materials—including email invitations, postcards, posters and press releases—may also be found on this page.
Becoming known as a health care resource
- Teach Medicare classes. Practice and prepare to give Savvy Medicare presentations. Whether you give classes, workshops, seminars, or lunch and learns, this is an excellent way to educate the public and become known as a resource on health care. So start browsing our slideshows and associated marketing materials; including posters, brochures, invitations and press releases.
- Order more copies of the Baby Boomer’s Guide to Medicare, an informative laminated client handout. You should have received 50 copies with your membership. You can hand these out at workshops or give them to qualified clients when they make an appointment with you. Keep a good supply on hand.
- Check out our client reprints, a series of client-friendly Medicare articles written by program leader Elaine Floyd and other guest writers. These reprints may be customized with your logo and picture, so they work well as both a marketing tool and an educational resource.
- Visit our webinars page and start reviewing Elaine’s 4-Part Webinar Series on successful health care planning.
- Review your Financial Advisor’s Guide to Savvy Medicare Planning for Boomers on our CE Exam Page. You should already have a hard copy, but a PDF may be viewed at any time for your convenience.
- Check out our 2019 Health Care Quick Reference Guide, where you’ll find key numbers at your fingertips. Order customized copies with your logo and contact information and send them to your strategic allies.
- Take the Savvy Medicare CE Exam for 6 CE credits, granted by the CFP® Board of Standards, once you’re confident in your knowledge base.